Privacy Objective: to describe the collection of personal information from users of our various online platforms
Dressed in Confidence complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Who do we collect your personal information from?
We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration process OR through any contact with us (e.g. website or email).
- Third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available. If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services that we provide to you
- to improve our website in order to better serve you.
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another entity within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you
- A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand, for example, cloud storage
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. All personal information is kept safe behind secure networks and will only be accessible to authorized personnel who are required to keep the information confidential.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note the personal information that you requested the correction on.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at [email protected]
Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
- If you post your personal information on the website’s [message board/ chat room], you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
Review: This policy will be reviewed every 2 years
Publication date: September 2021